Small Town Parade, 3Things to expect at a Texas Town Holiday Parade

3 THINGS THAT STOOD OUT IN MY TOWNS PARADE

This year's town parade in my opinion was missing the "wow," and the"Ewww." What it wasn't missing was the kinship.  With all of the crazy happening around the world; last night at our parade friendship was constructed and fun was had.  The charm of a community gathering felt like a small town lifetime movie.

Drill Team and Football

Texans are known for loving football.  The High School marching band and drill team kicked things off with the sounds of drums and the vision of shiny uniforms moving in unison.  This was the Eww. The energy was high, and the excitement of what was occurred to happen next was in the air.  

Jesus

Jesus is the reason for the Season.  We live in a Bible Belt part of our country, and whether you truly are a believer in the birth of Jesus Christ the Savior or you just pretend to be a believer because it's the norm; you can be sure to discover a Christian float in any Texas Parade.  Our town executed this tradition beautifully.
Cars!

Lots of cars in this year's parade.  Vintage, Bus, even trucks accompanied by a full fire exhibit.  Creativity on full display.

The Wrap Up

A few things were missed. The energy was not an occurring theme. There were brief moments of enthusiasm, but the lack of energy was apparent.

Traditional Christmas Parade giant floats failed to make an arrival

🍭 There were a few surprises where Christmas candy was handed out and the littles perked up with excitement.  Unfortunately, these moments were few and far between.

📦 Santa Baby you missed our Town Parade Tonight, sang through my mind.  We were anticipating the"big" moment when Santa came sleighing through the downtown streets, but no Santa?  Everyone started to pack their chairs and kids in hand to move toward their cars.  The assumption was the Parade had finished up and Santa had skipped out. As we walked away I continued to look back in hopes that Santa would appear.  I'm secretly hoping he did.

🎀 What I loved

I loved the little boy and girl who played beside me.  I loved the sweet lady who offered my daughter a chair to rest.  I loved that a sweet mom caught my daughter eyeing her sparkling balloon, and then bought her one to take home.  I loved the community and kinship, I walked away with feelings of holly/jolly.

The Sparkle Balloon



Xo, the small town mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look at the love life of Harriet Tubman

Boho Bedroom Design on a Budget

Spring Break on a Budget