3 things Grace(6yr old entrepreneur) taught her Mommie on a Weekend Getaway at the Gaylord in Grapevine, Texas

Vivian +Grace 
On the Move
Balling on a budget
Children's Lifestyle 
Grace crashes Mommy
and Daddys Anniversary 
Mommy learned 3important
Vaca Life lessons from Grace


Grace Kennedy gets to crash her Parents Get-  a - way to GrapevineTexas @ The famous Gaylord Resort.  Little did I know, this would be a Lifechanger for me. # Mommy learns a thing or three from her six year old daughter. 
Lesson number 1

I have always had body image issues. Being a Southern girl, I grew up having Aunts, friends of family, Grandparents who never held their tongue when it came to being a few pounds over their standard of perfection.  Mind you, some of these family members weren't doing so great in the weight department themselves.  I have to Lol...because now that I am full grown, the Irony of it all is Lol. I usually cover up, and hope No one is thinking " that lady is crazy; did she look in a mirror?." Thanks to Grace, she made me feel empowered to embrace my curves, as she quotes " Mommy you have pretty curves, so don't think about not being you. I mean wear whatever you like!"  And so I did. I chose to be free, let lose, and  enjoy my body and curves. I decided to show my Gracie what a confident woman looks like. It was freedom. 

Me in a bikini?! Yes! I walked back and forth from our Pool side Cabana feeling fantastic. 
So, I  have a  little  Mom pooch.  It's ok. I owned it.
Me happy from the inside out.

Lesson number 2
Be Present.  No working. No worrying about bills, classes, our home build. Listening to Grace and her Dad. Having Mini deep conversations with Grace about School and her sweet  friends. Getting back to what we love, Nature. Being Outside. Celebrating life.
On our way to a festival in downtown Grapevine 
Me in a PixieLane bodysuit.  I was so Present with Grace this evening as we waited on a seat outdoors with the wind blowing,  and a lit fireplace with a brilliant Pianist.  We even danced.
Think Mommy may have been tired from the excitement around us. 

Lesson number 3
Be Appreciative!  Grace encouraged me to say Thank you to Jesus, and to say Thank you to her Dad for bringing us to this magical resort.  Of course,  she reminded me to say Thank you to her. So I did.  Sometimes it's nice to verbally express gratitude.  After all, us humans aren't mind readers.

Grace and Dad, Derek. Who I am forever Thankful for. 

Thankful Grace has a dedicated Dad. Here, she's learning to swim.  Last year there were no swim lessons,  and no pools opened  in our city @Longview,  TX.   What a Blessing and a time to remember that God does Big things, but  the Little gifts are Special to. 

Us. All together on our Anniversary Weekend.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  The memories are priceless.  The Gaylord Resort is a must go to if you are ever in Texas. Thanks for supporting our family,  and reading our Vivian + Grace  blog. Xoxo 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look at the love life of Harriet Tubman

Boho Bedroom Design on a Budget

Spring Break on a Budget